Meeting and Event Specialist
The Meeting and Event Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of Meetings and Events for various FSB clients. This includes working with content experts, other FSB staff and volunteers to design and execute programs, along with responsibilities for budgeting and financial oversight, delivery and evaluation of programs. This includes but is not limited to: site research and selection; hotel contracts and negotiations; hotel logistical requirements including housing, room set-up, audio visual equipment, food and beverage. The Meeting and Event Specialist may also coordinate smaller meetings and distance-learning meeting needs such as webinars.
CMP certification preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works with other FSB senior staff regarding hotel timelines and requirements and collaborates with content experts and program committees to establish and manage program development for various association clients.
Works with FSB senior staff on the many aspects of event planning including site research and selection, contract negotiation, logistics: food and beverage, audio visuals, room set-up, speaker management, database and website management, and housing; post-meeting accounting reporting and reconciliation.
Develops and oversees budgetary aspects of events, including projections of attendance, expenses and net revenues.
• Acts as liaison with hotels for hotel logistics.
• Maintains history of food and beverage, housing and attendance.
• Leads and delegates support for onsite management of programs on an as needed basis.
• Works in collaboration with FSB senior staff with selection and management of vendors used for meetings (i.e. audio visual, printing and delivery services, etc.).
• Oversees and delegates FSB team members to manage registration process.
• Collaborates with other FSB staff to manage marketing and promotion process and coordinates preparation of content for promotional materials.
• Collaborates with other FSB staff team to create, manage and update event website and database.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials; manages the production and maintenance of meeting app; and notifications to participants.
• Leads efforts in solicitation of sponsorships for various events for FSB client’s
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Intermittent physical activity including bending, lifting, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting.
• Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work extra hours, including some weekends.
• Significant travel may be required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please be sure to include salary requirements in application.
FSB offers employee benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K.
To apply, please send a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com no later than March 28, 2016.