Manager – Public Relations, Golden 1 Credit Union
The Manager — Public Relations develops and executes strategies for media communications, issues management, and crisis communications; community outreach and community investment activities; and to provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance under the direction of the VP, Communications & Community Relations. This role will provide leadership in external communications efforts while working in partnership with internal communications staff to ensure all stakeholders are kept abreast of media exposure. They will manage, plan, produce, implement, and analyze communications strategies and tactics for projects, programs, products, and services for various stakeholders. Responsibilities include writing, reviewing, and editing copy for internal, member-facing, and public correspondence; web pages, email and print communications; and content creation, curating, and promotion for events; as well as speechwriting, production, and execution of multimedia presentations.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Work with the Vice President to create and manage public relations strategy; actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects; and develop and implement annual government relations plans in support of the overall strategy.
2. Execute external communications and media relations including writing press releases, researching and writing story ideas, working with external agency, photographers/videographers, etc. as necessary.
3. Build relationships with various stakeholders across the company to produce effective communications and community relations materials.
4. Write compelling and engaging press releases, talking points, op-eds, speeches, blog and newsletter items, and social media content.
5. Ensure all community spokespeople are media trained and identify appropriate opportunities for members of the company’s senior management team to present the company’s story and successes to various stakeholder groups or at various events including overseeing all related content (briefing materials, talking points, scripts, collateral, etc.).
6. Provide reports monthly and upon request of media coverage and outcomes related to department activities as appropriate.
7. Serve on committees and task forces, and attend regularly scheduled meetings.
8. Work with management and assist in developing and executing effective and integrated communication plans, strategies and tactics across all channels, internal and external.
9. Collaborate with the Marketing department to ensure that communications and community relations content (article links, stories, and events) is dynamic and updated.
10. Manage multiple concurrent communications projects, including tracking, reporting status, project budgets and measurement of tactics.
11. Review, revise, and proof all print materials for accuracy, clarity, consistency and organizational standards.
12. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
13. Other duties as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
– INTERNAL: All levels of staff.
– EXTERNAL: 3rd party vendors, other credit union representatives.
– EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, English, or a related field.
– EXPERIENCE: Minimum seven years of prior communications or public relations experience. Agency experience preferred. Minimum 3 years of previous direct supervisory experience.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must communicate effectively and persuasively with all levels of the Credit Union.
2. Working knowledge of best practices and current techniques related to Public Relations/Community Relations. Knowledge of principles and practices of Public/ Community Relations planning and implementation.
3. Excellent grammar, spelling, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel.
– Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
– Corrected vision within the normal range.
– Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
– Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.